The I&D project "Cultural Heritage of the Euro-region Galicia-Northern Portugal: Valuation and Innovation. GEOARPAD” Operational program EP - INTERREG V-A Spain - Portugal (POCTEP). Call 1, Identifier 769- GEOARPAD (0358_GEOARPAD_1_E), supported by the European Regional Development Fund (FEDER) through the Cooperation Program INTERREG V-A Spain-Portugal 2014-2020 (POCTEP), with the budget of 3.637.964,20 Euros, of which 104.862,99 Euros are managed and implemented by UTAD.
The GEOARPARD project aims to value the common cultural heritage of Galicia and Northern Portugal as an element of identification, social cohesion and cross-border and transnational structural development. Here are some of your specific goals:
- Develop a system of information, processes and digital positioning systems for governments, universities and other social agents involved in management;
- Preserve and promote cultural heritage, allowing its use by sectors such as tourism, research or education;
- Promote social participation in the processes of management and use of cultural heritage;
- Develop and test strategies, tools and tools for the management of cultural heritage (cultural, natural, material and immaterial), through pilot experiences such as the study of the Galician-Portuguese common lexicon or the Portuguese Inner Way of Santiago de Compostela.
These goals should be developed from 09-09-2017 to 09-31-2019. As part of this cross-border cooperation project, the CPIS sub-project is a pilot study led by UTAD's CETRAD (https://cetrad.utad.pt/) which intends to investigate from a systemic and holistic processes of patrimonialisation and touristification of the Inner Portuguese Way of Santiago de Compostela. And also:
- Bridging the gap between the potential of CPIS and its tourism development as an articulating axis of the interior of Portugal (cf. http://www.cpisantiago.pt/) and of Galicia;
- To test a mixed research methodology (quali-quantitative) and follow a multidisciplinary orientation with the social sciences applied to tourism.
- Collaborate with the European Federation of the Camino de Santiago, following the protocol with UTAD.
- To elaborate patrimonial education, interpretation and communication products of the CPIS, in articulation with the 8 municipalities that cross the CPIS.